UPDATE: POSITION IS CLOSED.
For: Building Disaster Resilient Communities in Metro Cebu (BDRC-MC) Project
Community Organizer (1 available position)
Tasks and Functions
Assists 10 barangays in Mandaue City, namely; Alang-Alang, Basak, Cabancalan, Casili, Cubacub, Ibabao-Estancia, Looc, Tabok, Tawason and Umapad in:
- Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Plan (BDRRMP) formulation;
- Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Committee (BDRRMC) formation / reactivation including ERT strengthening;
- Monitoring BDRRMP implementation through regular conduct of BDRRMC meetings;
- Contingency Plan formulation;
- Early Warning System establishment;
- Conduct of community drills; and
- Conduct of BDRRMP Assessment and Re-planning
Assists Project Coordinator in the conduct of Training, Consultative Meeting with NGAs and Reflection-Sharing among partner-LGUs in Talisay and Mandaue cities.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of a 4-year course, preferably, development or social studies;
- Has experience in community organizing;
- Has experience in implementing Disaster Risk Reduction and Participatory Governance-related trainings & projects;
- Has experience in engaging with local government units, especially at the barangay level;
- Ability to do networking and linkaging;
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Self-motivated, team player, flexible and passionate;
- Ability to work independently or with less supervision; and
- Strong communication skills in English and Cebuano.