UPDATE: POSITION IS CLOSED.
▫ Position: Community Development Staff (CDS)
▫ Project: Anti-Child Trafficking Initiatives at Source Communities (ACT@Source) in Cebu Province
Task and Functions as Community Development Staff
PARTNERSHIP BUILDING, NETWORKING, AWARENESS-RAISING
▫ Establish contacts with city/municipality and barangay officials, civil society organizations, people’s organizations, school officials, and other duty-bearers, agencies in the LGU, barangay and community level
▫ Organize community organizations and youth advocates into Community Child Protection Volunteers (CCPV) and Kabataan Batok sa Trapiking ug Abuso (KABATA)
▫ Conduct awareness and study sessions, trainings and workshops with barangay and community stakeholders and partners
▫ Capacitate CCPV and KABATA to engage and lobby with BCAT/BCPC/GAD in creating ordinances and legislations to strengthen anti-trafficking programs in the community
▫ Facilitate the setting up of standard operating procedures, through the BCAT/BCPC/GAD, for the initial investigation, documentation and reporting of any trafficking cases detected in the assigned area
▫ Facilitate the training and capability-building of frontliners/duty-bearers in the barangay on the initial response and rescue of trafficking cases, basic counselling, paralegal, etc.
Specific task includes:
▫ Courtesy calls and project orientations
▫ Accreditation and Registration
▫ Conduct of partnership meetings
▫ Sit-in meetings in LCAT/BCAT, LCPC/BCPC or GAD Council
REPORT GENERATION AND OTHER TASK
▫ Submits monthly plan and monthly report to Project Head
▫ Perform other task which may be assigned by the Project Head and Program Manager
• At least 2 years college level in any Social Science course
• Knowledge of community-based approaches in child protection and advocacy work
• Prior experience in social development work is a plus
• Able to work flexible hours when necessary to carry out tasks; flexible and patient; willing to travel regularly outside Metro Cebu
• Works with his/her own initiative as well as being part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and in writing using English and Cebuano language; able to communicate and report on technical points
• Computer proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
SEND YOUR APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
ATTY. RUTH N. RESTAURO
Fellowship for Organizing Endeavors (FORGE), Inc.
Unit 1 Espina Compound, B. Rodriguez St., Cebu City 6000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org